How to connect Logitech keyboard – Logitech is definitely the leader when it comes to mice and keyboards. The manufacturer has been working for years to help you make a smooth transition from a wired to a wireless keyboard. And the fact that wireless keyboards help you tidy up your desktop area, we will provide simple steps on how to connect Logitech keyboards properly.
This article describes how to pair a Logitech wireless keyboard with your computer, including Logitech wireless keyboard types. We’ll cover how to connect a Logitech keyboard with Bluetooth and a Logitech Unifying receiver.
What You Need to Know!
- Power on the device and press the Easy Switch / Connect button to enter pairing mode.
- Choose the keyboard in your gadget’s Bluetooth settings. You may have to input a code on the keyboard.
- For a Unifying Receiver, please insert it into a USB port, launch the Unifying Software, and power on the keyboard.
How to Pair or Connect Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard
Many Logitech Bluetooth keyboards can be paired with multiple devices, so you can easily switch keyboards between phones, tablets, and laptops. In fact, depending on your keyboard, you can pair with 6 or more devices at once.
Here’s how to connect a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard:
- First, remove the spacer from the battery compartment if the keyboard is new, or insert a new battery if you haven’t.
- Turn on the keyboard.
- If your keyboard supports multiple connections, press the connection button or turn the dial to the desired connection.
- Press (PC) if connecting to Windows, Chrome OS, and Android, or press (i) if connecting to macOS or iOS.
- Hold down the button until the corresponding LED flashes blue.
- Make sure your PC, phone, or tablet has Bluetooth turned on, and then select the search or add Bluetooth devices option.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Select your keyboard from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
- Type the code provided using your keyboard, and press enter.
- If your keyboard supports it, you can press another connect button or rotate the play button and repeat this process on one or more of your additional devices.
Note: Some Logitech keyboards have an Easy Switch key instead of a connect button. Press and hold the Easy-Switch button to enter keyboard pairing mode.
How to Connect a Logitech Wireless Keyboard with a USB Unifying Receiver
If you have a Logitech keyboard with a USB receiver dongle, you must use it to connect the keyboard to your computer. This dongle is called a USB Unifying receiver. It enables you to connect several Logitech devices, such as the keyboard and the mouse, to your PC using only one receiver, so you don’t need to connect many of them.
To pair one of these receivers with a Logitech keyboard or mouse, you need Logitech Unifying software, which is a free app you can obtain from their website. You may download the app for Windows, macOS, and Chrome OS.
Note: Is your keyboard already paired with your receiver? Just plug in the receiver, turn on the keyboard, and the two will connect automatically. If you still need to pair them, use the following procedure.
Here’s how to pair a Logitech wireless keyboard with a Unifying receiver:
- First, remove the spacer from the battery compartment if your keyboard is new, or insert a new battery if you haven’t.
- Plug the unifying receiver into a USB port on your computer.
- Download and install Logitech Unifying software. (Get Logitech Unifying Software from Logitech)
- Launch Logitech Unifying software and Next.
- Turn on your Logitech keyboard.
- Wait for the keyboard to connect, and click next.
- Click in the text field and type some test text.
- Select Yes, and click Next.
- Click Finish.
Why Are There Two Types of Logitech Wireless Keyboards?
Logitech produces both Bluetooth wireless keyboards and wireless keyboards that utilize its wireless connection. Bluetooth and Logitech Unifying receivers provide comparable performance, dependability, and vulnerability to radio interference as they operate on the same wireless frequency.
However, each has a unique setup process and is compatible with distinct devices. Logitech Bluetooth keyboards work with a lot of devices. You can connect one keyboard to your phone, tablet, and computer and switch between them instantly with one key press.
Logitech wireless keyboards that use proprietary Unifying receivers are easier to connect. While it offers 100 percent compatibility with Windows and Mac computers, its compatibility is more limited with Linux computers, and you can’t use it with phones or tablets.
Why Won’t My Logitech Keyboard Connect?
If your Logitech keyboard isn’t working, check that you’re using the right connection method. For instance, don’t use the Unifying receiver method if your keyboard only works with Bluetooth. If your keyboard relies on Bluetooth, make sure your device, such as your PC, phone, or tablet, supports this feature and that you’ve turned it on.
Suppose you’re trying to connect a keyboard that uses a Unifying receiver. Make sure it’s plugged in. In that case, the battery isn’t off, and the keyboard is on. If that still doesn’t work, try running Logitech Unifying Software again.
Suppose the software doesn’t detect your keyboard. In that case, you’re sure the battery isn’t dead, the keyboard is on, and the keyboard supports Logitech Unifying receivers. Contact Logitech for more information about your keyboard.
Note: If you want to use a wireless Logitech keyboard with your Linux computer, pair it with Unifying software on Windows, macOS, or Chrome OS, then plug the USB dongle into your Linux computer.
If your keyboard still isn’t working, try these additional troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure the receiver is fully plugged into a working USB port on your PC. Try switching to a different port.
- Please turn off the keyboard and then turn it back on.
- Make sure the battery on the keyboard is not depleted.
- Press the connect or reset button on your USB receiver if available.
- Press the connect or reset button on your keyboard if present.
Note: If your computer is tucked under a desk or cabinet, try using a USB extension cable to hold the receiver close to your keyboard.
Where is the Connect Button on the Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard?
If you can’t find the pair or connect button on your Logitech Bluetooth keyboard, look for the easy switching keys. Some of these keyboards let you pair with multiple devices and use the Easy Switch key to switch between them.
To enter the pairing mode on these keyboards, hold down one of the easy switch buttons until the corresponding LED starts flashing. This puts the device in pairing mode so you can locate it using your computer.
Conclusion About Connect the Logitech Keyboard
Connecting your Logitech wireless keyboard with the device of your choice is quite simple and easy to follow. Follow the steps and options we outlined in the discussion above.
You will find it quite easy to go through the proper connection procedure for your keyboard. The Easy Switch button on your keyboard should be the right option to help you when it comes to effective connection options.
If you need more information, please contact Logitech Official Support, who can assist you. Be sure to explain the problem you’re experiencing. They will also suggest next steps.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I connect my Logitech keyboard with my iPad?
To pair or connect the keyboard to your iPad, put the keyboard into pairing mode first, then go to Bluetooth > Settings > select your iPad. The Keyboard asks to enter a code displayed on the iPad.
How do I pair a Logitech wireless mouse with my PC?
To pair or connect your Logitech Bluetooth mouse to your computer, turn on the mouse using its buttons. Then, navigate to Start > Settings > and choose Bluetooth > Devices & other devices > Pair. If your mouse includes a Bluetooth receiver, plug it into an available USB slot on your computer, and the mouse will connect automatically.
How Do I Put the Logitech Wireless Keyboard in Pairing Mode?
To begin with, turn on the device you want to connect with your keyboard. When you’re done, press and hold the Connect Button or Easy Switch button on your keyboard for at least 3 seconds. That will work. Your keyboard is now in pairing mode. You can locate your keyboard in the list of supported devices on your chosen device.
Where is the Connect Button on My Logitech Keyboard?
You can locate the Connect button on the upper-right corner of your keyboard. If your keyboard lacks a Connect key, it should have an Easy Switch. To promptly switch between multiple devices, use the Easy Switch button.
Which is the best Logitech wireless keyboard?
Logitech Craft is considered by many to be Logitech’s best wireless keyboard, thanks to its handy input keys and support for Mac. If the price tag is too expensive, consider the Logitech K780 Multi-Device Wireless Keyboard.
Thank you for taking the time to read our posts! At Logitechsoftwarecenter we love sharing new articles about Logitech software, Driver, Setup, and Logitech product troubleshooting every week. So you’ll always be up-to-date on the products and topics you’re interested in.